PRACTICAL GARDENING TIPS FOR YOUNG & OLD
Would you like your garden to be more productive?
What is Pomona and District Community House Inc. all about?
The Pomona and District Community House, or the House as it is called, links people, skills and resources to advance the social well-being and capacity of the local community to become diversified, vibrant and strong. We believe everyone can contribute they just need to be encouraged and supported.The House devises its activities and community outreach each year, based on the knowledge and understanding of a management committee supported by volunteers and two part-time employees.It assists existing community groups, where necessary, through practical support and hire of facilities. Consistent with its own objectives, the House also fosters new start-up groups. For instance, it is working currently to develop a community garden and Pomona Men’s shed organisation. We aim to boost volunteerism locally.In addition, through Cooroora Connect, Pomona’s monthly community newspaper, we publicise our own program of activities and promote the work of others.If you want to do any of the following then come along to Pomona and District Community House:
- participate in one of the community house regular programs;
- seek government grants funding for a community cause;
- starta new not for profit group;
- volunteer your services to the House or other community groups;
- learn a new skill, such as computing;
- rent space for a meeting or gathering; or
- have photocopying done at competitive rates;
.The Pomona and District Community house provides a harmonious social meeting place where practical ideas are nurtured to reality for the good of those who call this special part of the Sunshine Coast home. Opportunities exist for individuals and groups to come together for the benefit of the broader community.The House is owned by the Noosa Shire Council and is leased to the Community House committee. This group meets monthly and, each year, sets out objectives for encouraging activities, programsand events that help support community bonding and interaction. Our goals are to:
- encourage the development of and access to, services that meet the needs of individuals and groups in the community;
- promoteresearch into and awareness of local issues, problems, concerns and needs;
- to create the incentive, support and training for participation in all or various aspects of the Pomona Community House;
- above all, to have fun, enjoy other people’s company, laugh and show that helping others can be personally fulfilling.